Kelly Clarkson: All I Ever Wanted Tour







Two weeks ago, April 29 2010 precisely, my aunt, my cousin Kak Nisa and I went to Tennis Indoor to watch Kelly Clarkson's concert. Despite the disappearance of the main sponsor (Java Musikindo usually have cigarette brand sponsor their major concerts), the concert was superb! I'm not a big fan of Kelly Clarkson, but I'm very familiar with her song, well in fact I have her CDs and her songs on my iTunes. As a relief after two months of grueling exams, I asked my cousin to join me although she had to sacrifice her class at her college. (sorry kak, but it was worth the absence right? we totally had a blast!!) She asked my aunt to join us so that we could stay at her flat and went to the concert by her car (since I haven't had my driver's license and neither has my cousin). Her house is also adjacent to Grand Indonesia and Plaza Indonesia (only 5 minutes!) so we could go to Plaza Indonesia afterwards to buy books at Kinokuniya Closing Sale and watch Iron Man 2. 

Before going to my aunt's house, my cousin and I decided to meet up at Poins Square because her house is in Ciputat, so it would be easier for her to go there and I needed my monthly dose of DVDs. Poins Square is my fave place to buy DVDs because the price is considerably cheap compared with other DVD stalls around my house. It's only Rp 6.000,- for one DVD. Pretty cheap huh? Especially if you want to buy TV series. We went to my usual DVD counter and I bought 10 DVDs+1 (if you buy 10 DVDs, you'll get one for free). I was so crazy because I haven't bought any DVDs since the beginning of 2010 (due to bunch of exams and things to concentrate on). Luckily my brother bought a lot of DVDs lately so I could borrow some of them. Meanwhile my cousin is a DVD buff, so she only bought 3 DVDs because she already bought a lot of DVDs few weeks ago. 

Then we went straight to my aunt's flat. We were supposed to wait for our aunt to come from her office, but she called and said that she got stuck in the traffic because of the Jakmanias (Persija's supporter) and she told us to go straight to her office. So we went to her office by 'ojek' (motorcycles) and changed our clothes inside her car. Then we went to the venue, Tennis Indoor Senayan. Because of the heavy traffic jam, it took 2 hours for us to arrive at the venue. Due to the traffic jam, Kelly also tweeted that she was going to be late because of the heavy traffic. Then we went to the tribune class and found ourselves in a group of expatriates and their children. Hahaha we didn't feel like we were in Indonesia because there were expatriates and their children around us. Well actually, most of the audiences in the tribune class were expatriates. 

Then, we sat tight and enjoyed the show. Luckily we already found Kelly's set list for her Asian tour on Wikipedia, so I already prepared for her songs. Here's the complete set list: 

  1. All I Ever Wanted
  2. Miss Independent
  3. I Do Not Hook Up
  4. Impossible
  5. That I Would Be Good (Alanis Morissette cover)/Use Somebody (Kings of Leon cover)
  6. Breakaway
  7. If I Can't Have You/Can't Get You Out of My Head (Kylie Minogue cover)
  8. Never Again
  9. Lies (The Black Keys cover)
  10. Acoustic Medley
    1. Just Missed The Train
    2. Low
    3. Addicted
    4. Gone
  11. Behind These Hazel Eyes (Acoustic)
  12. Save You (not performed in Manila, Seoul & Taipei)
  13. Cry (Manila, Seoul & Taipei shows only)
  14. I Want You
  15. Don't Let Me Stop You
  16. Sober (Manila, Seoul & Taipei shows only)
  17. Because of You
  18. Walk Away
  19. Since U Been Gone


Encore:

  1. Already Gone
  2. Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes cover)
  3. My Life Would Suck Without You
We had so much fun during the concert. Kelly was absolutely stunning despite controversies about her weight gain. Her voice is absolutely superb! She truly has a star quality. She was very communicative with her fans who screamed like crazy according to her and she told her fans 'You're gonna lose your voice tomorrow'. Although it wasn't as crowded as a rock concert, but it was a good concert indeed. She also performed Kings of Leon's Use Somebody!! It's one of my favorite songs and she performed it perfectly. She performed all of her hits (of course!) and she was very down to earth by only wearing a Pink Floyd t-shirt, later changed into a black blouse, and jeans. Apparently she is not a kind of over-the-top-diva-to-be. It's an honor to watch her concert, a Grammy winning singer, Kelly Clarkson, you totally rocked the stage!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment